Monday, August 16, 2010

Journey



Journey

Lost in a whirlwind of emotion
Blinded by random thoughts
Looking, searching , needing an outlet
Eyes weary from days of insomnia
No rest for the somnolent
Nearing a psychotic break
Insatiable need to express what lies within
Screaming with no voice
Unable to find order
Misplaced aggression
Longing for purpose
Scattered pages laying about
Blue, black, red, green, pink tools for my addiction
Loose leaf, spiraled, woven avenues to cure my affliction
Out of my haze a voice whispered…….
cry poet and black ink feel from my eyes.
breathe poet and words floated from my lungs.
live poet and I gave birth to a…….
Maya Angelou, “Still I rise”, kinda
Nikki Giovanni, “Balances “, type of
Langston Hughes, “Mother to Son”, sort of
Masterfully rhythmic, thought provoking, metaphorically driven
Escape from all that had me bound…….
New life emerged
My voice now found
And so it was written!

No comments:

Post a Comment