Saturday, August 28, 2010

I Have a Dream

Today marks the 47th Anniversary of the speech that will be played for years and years to come.  The speech that still has as much value today is it did 47 years ago.  I recently visited the Dr.Martin Luther King Jr Memorial while in Atlanta and emotions still run high when hearing and seeing the images and sounds of Dr.King's legacy.  May you forever rest in peace!  Thank you for the inspiration and the guiding light!
It is because of Dr.King and the men and women like him who came before us that we are able to make our dreams a reality.  Follow up post later today!



3 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring. I recently visited the MLK park in April, and OMG it was so educational but yet emotional. I had those very same feelings, I was mad at how things were and how they treated him and our people. To see the wagon that carried his casket was so emotional, but I felt honored. Honored, because without him what would today be like? This is very good, and I really appreciate this blog.
    Freda D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alpha of StayChiseled.com says-

    We are only a few generations removed from one of the ugliest eras in American history. The men & women of the civil rights struggle, deserve to be commemorated by all Americans regardless of race. As for this speech, to me, it's the greatest & most important in the history of the world! No one had the ability to reach & influence a large group of people with words like Dr. King. It's not even close! Not Shakespeare, not Obama, not anyone! I'm goin' to plan my own trip to the memorial Brighter made mention to very soon because that had to be an inspiring & humbling experience.

    Again, great post Future...we'll be back to see what's in ur attic - ur StayChiseled.com brothers

    ReplyDelete