Friday, September 3, 2010

Poetic Fridays

Outline of A Man

If I were an artist I would sketch the perfect man.


He would have eyes that could see through me to that bit of insecurity my heart still carries.

He would have the fortitude to seek it out and erase any traces of it’s presence

He would have arms strong enough to bear my weight when I am too weak to tarry.

Yet gentle enough to hold me in an embrace that could cast away my worry.

His legs would lead me to places I was too scared to travel alone.

Yet, they would have the dexterity to always bring him home.

His brain would possess the knowledge of a 1000 wise men.

Lessons taught so long ago.

And enough wisdom to know when to leave well enough alone.



Inside his heart would be the will of a leader

Who has enough discretion to know when he must follow.

The courage of a gladiator, who will not accept defeat in time of battle.

Compassion of a mother for a child without a home.

The humility of a begger in search of something to call his own.

The ability to make a commitment without knowing what the future holds.

A monogamous being with tunnel vision to my soul.



Love to him would be a buried treasure and he the pirate of the voyage.

Setting his course towards a destiny in spite of the inevitable storm.

The Jack Sparrow of my heart, key guarded with his life.

Eros must have been a conduit for you; giving you an implacable thirst for my nectar.



Doesn’t matter the hue, I would color you iridescently in me amour.

Filling in open spaces with humor, spirituality, and self-assurance

Until you are……

my hearts vision of love.





Brighter Future

3 comments:

  1. Some would say that a 'Good' man in which you depict in this beautiful poem is worth waiting for. I may not describe him or your good thing as vividly as you have done but here is my gift to you...

    The Good Things of this World

    There are good things of this world you know
    As well as bad things too
    But if you fool around with the bad things too long,
    You may end up black & blue.

    Good things can bring us happiness
    While Bad things bring us grief
    Ask of my opinion and I will tell you the same
    For this is my belief.

    Now good things come to early people
    And even those who are late
    But REALLY good things are right on time
    For only those who wait.

    ~ $

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alpha says-

    Did Silver Spoon just spit a hot sixteen? See what ya'll done started Brighter? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmbo Alpha, I see Silver Spoon trying to get sick wit it! Lol
    @ Silver, Keep it coming!
    Gonna do Poetic Friday's from now on!

    ReplyDelete