Friday, September 10, 2010

Poetic Fridays

Love Used to Live Here

Love used to live here

But now it’s gone.

Oh, Don’t fret for me,

I’m fine without it.

Or so I thought.



Love chewed me up and spit me out.

Had me calling it by another name.

Had me searching for it in the highest plain.



Had me thinking I had found it.

Weak when I lost it.

Terrified when it reappeared

And flabbergasted when I heard it’s call.



Love used to live here.

Deep in my heart.

Between my thighs and in the crease of my back I could feel it’s touch.

I could see it in the eyes of others

I could hear it whispered in the wind.



Love used to live here

but now its gone.

It rode away on it’s red chariot and gave no apologies for it’s abrupt departure.

Yet, I still yearn for it.

I still look for it in the daytime with a flashlight.

I still hope that I can capture it’s essence in the purest form.



I’m still searching for it.

Rip my heart out again, it might, but if I can just get a quick taste of that

all encompassing

unconditional

undeniable,

unrelenting,

ever-evolving,

knee weaking

thing they call love again,

I will welcome it with open arms.

 
By: Brighter Future
 
Now it's your turn!  Share some of your poetic genius!

2 comments:

  1. BF...I love it Miss Thang...You are too talented. Here's one right back atcha off the dome @ 1am...Hope you like it.

    Here's To A Bright Future

    So what does my future hold, without the Sun?
    Is it dark, is it bleek or is it one & done?

    If my future holds the Moon, I can shoot for the stars.
    Or reach a far away galaxy, maybe Pluto or Mars.

    My future holds a tight grip and will not let go.
    How bright my future is, the world may never no.

    My future may not dot every i or cross each t.
    Who holds my future you ask, well that would be me.

    So here's to my future, the forecast is said to be BRIGHT.
    For I will shine through any darkness, no need for a flashlight.

    ~ $

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see sleep is eluding someone other than me! U nice with it SD! You should check out my writing group!

    ReplyDelete