Friday, September 17, 2010

Poetic Fridays

Untitled

He was oh so charming.


So much class.

Surprised when he looked my way.

Stunned when he asked.



Delighted when he called.

Went out for dinner and a movie.

Seemed simple enough.



Had so much fun, I asked him back to my place for a night cap.

Mistake number one.

Charm so amazing.



Wrapped up in his words.

Blind to his actions.



Metaphors that I thought were taking me to heavens door.

Whispers of forever.

A way with words like no other.

Damn, I’m getting caught up.



Looked into his eyes and saw my future.

Breathed with ease when he spoke those words to me.



Violated when he turned on me.

Ripped off the shield that guarded my heart.

Threw me to the floor with his brut strength.



Climbed on top of me.

My vision is cloudy.

Did he put something in my drink?



Lost in translation.

Not a moment to think..

Tears feel from my eyes and stained the floor.



Is he really doing this to me?

In a flash he was gone. Words spoken no more.



Reached for my phone to dial 911…….

Hello, What’s your emergency?

Damn…..Damn….

I was raped……

by poetry.


By: Brighter Future  (Had you scared for a moment didn't I? lol)

3 comments:

  1. Alpha: SHIT! you had my heart poundin'! i wuz like "that m*thafcka!...i'd kill dat punk bitch!!"

    ...great way to end that tho yo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmbo @ Alpha Everybody has the same kinda reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I thought I was gonna have to call the other SD's and go stomp on dude. Somebody need to make this into a song or motion picture so a Sista can get paid...

    ~ $

    ReplyDelete