Friday, October 1, 2010

Poetic Fridays

Seeing Red




Rage festers in my soul as flames dance in my eyes

My pulse quickens as my heart tries to escape my chest

My skin feels like molten lava and I swear my brain is about to erupt.



Fire and desire change to hate and disdain

I am blinded by the thought of what could have been

I need a bucket of ice to cool my temperament



Unable to function, I hide behind a mirrored reality

Clothed in self-consciousness it is hard for me to breathe

Forgetting the value of what used to be

Now just a hollowed shell

See what you do to me



All the blame on you I cannot place

I allowed myself and my wants to become commonplace

Playing the nurturer was second nature to me

Giving of myself unconditionally



Forgetting the rewards of reciprocity

Thinking that giving to you would somehow compensate me.

Yet I’m left empty, cold and alone.

Yearning for a place to call home.



Snap out of it my momma says, “Never let ‘em have your heart if he has yet to learn how to be a man”

By Brighter Future

3 comments:

  1. Alpha says:

    Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I co$ign with the ALPHA of ALL Males. This woman Brighter Future is a Poetic Genius...You know I had to whip up sumthing quick for ya.

    Seeing Pink

    As I awaken, I am distrought by the hue in my eye
    I look right and then left and conclude with the ?uestion, WHY?
    As I ponder, Did I dream of Panthers or possibly Flamingos,
    Or becuz of the fact I fell asleep on a CamRon video?

    This may be Breat Awareness Month but seeing Pink is kinda strange
    From my white Polo, to my Air Yeezys and even my black Rover Range.

    Something has got to give
    Without my 20 20, I might die
    As I consulted my beautiful optomitrist
    She said, "Baby, You got da Pink Eye."

    D@mn, time to call the Boss. No work for me 2day.

    ~ $

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO there is something seriously wrong with you!

    ReplyDelete