Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Forgive

I can forgive

But…

you’re gonna need that contraption from MIB to make me forget

So…

let’s accept defeat

Prepare our concession speech



Let’s not compare war wounds

Fix ballots

Tamper with votes

In hopes of a recount

You lost



My scars are deeper than yours

They take longer to heal

I still wince from the wounds

And I’m still waiting to feel

Something

Even a trace of emotion

Other than heartache



Who taught you how to inflict such pain?

BIte

So venomous that the extent of the damage is still unknown

Immeasurable

But your love I counted in ounces

While I was feeding you gallons of me

Unreplenished

You swam in an ocean of my affection

While I was hoping your ditch

Would pour over into an lake

That somehow irrigated

into an ocean of sentiment

beyond what you felt for your adorned appendage



Stupid me

for thinking I could change you

Rearrange your chemical make up

Surgically put a heart in that empty space

Without the proper tools



Leaving me empty

Low on fuel

From the tug and pull of loving you

So I forgive you

but I won’t forget

So let’s just kiss and say goodbye

Without regret

No comments:

Post a Comment